Hi there! It's nice to meet you
I'm Megan, a freelance writer and digital marketer living and working in Des Moines, Iowa. I love cracking the spine of a good book and have a passion for offbeat roadside attractions (which you can read about on my blog, Olio in Iowa).
I've always been a writer of some sort. For the past five years I've worked with a variety of clients—from local startups and small businesses to national publications and established nonprofits—to help them share their stories online and in print.
- I'm a freelance writer, editor, and digital marketing consultant currently available to collaborate on new projects.
- I'm also the Social Media Manager at the Des Moines Art Center. It's a pretty amazing place to work.
- A few years ago I started a blog to document my evolving love for roadside attractions. If you brake for "world's largest" too, consider giving Olio in Iowa or Wandering the World's Largest a read.
- In 2013, I graduated from Drake University in Des Moines with dual degrees in journalism and anthropology.
- From 2012 to the end of 2014, I worked as the Iowa-based editor for a media company called Silicon Prairie News. Sound interesting? Skim some of the things I wrote.
- Want to know even more about me? Give my resumé a read.